The Crane (Polish: Żuraw) is located in the very centre of Gdańsk on the river Motława. This wooden port crane is part of National Maritime Museum in Gdańsk. The crane is first mentioned in documents as old as 1367. This one, however, was built between 1442 and 1444 and was used to load goods, beer mainly, on ships cruising Vistula river. Tourists may visit three exhibitions, one on each floor, as well as admire the lifting mechanism.