The Japanese Garden was founded in 1913. The initiator of its construction was Count Fritz von Hochberg, who engaged the Japanese gardener Mankichi Arai. Currently, it is one of the most popular places for walking and relaxation in Wroclaw. This garden is a combination of several types of Japanese gardens: public, water, associated with a tea ceremony and a rocky beach. Almost 270 taxa of woody plants have been gathered in the garden. By 2009, 78 species of Asian plants had been collected in the garden, including 38 originating from Japan. One of the attractions of the place is a pond with giant carp and other species of fish.