The church in Świdnica is situated about 53 km from Wrocław (about 1 h 10 min drive). It is made from wood and incredibly was erected only within a year of 1957. It is the biggest wooden Protestant church and with the area of 1090 square meters, it can gather 7 500 believers. The interior of the church has a Baroque style. The most dominant interior items include the 18th century altar piece, pulpit and organs. The church is encircled by lodges, among which Hochberg lodge is the most distinctive. The church is situated in the very centre of the Peace Square and is surrounded by the 17th and 18th century monuments: a church bell tower, an old Protestant high school (currently a guesthouse), a house of a bell-ringer (a promotion center), a watchman’s house (a café) and a necropolis which was for 250 years the only Protestant cemetery of a few thousand burials. A presbytery was changed into Protestant Institute where people can admire 300 years old Bibles and other historic documents. It is a phenomenon that a church that was constructed of such very impermanent materials has lasted for 350 years. It is a must see site during Lower Silesia trips.