The Church of the Holy Cross is located on Krakowskie Przedmieście, in the Śródmieście district. It is owned by the missionary priests (Congregation of the Missionary Fathers of Saint Vincent de Paul). The church was built in the years 1679-1696 in the baroque style. Its designer was the royal court architect Józef Szymon Bellotti. In front of the entrance to the church, there is a figure of Christ carrying the cross. In the past, ceremonial services, patriotic demonstrations and funerals of outstanding Poles - writers, priests and political activists took place here. In the temple there are urns with the hearts of Fryderyk Chopin and Władysław Reymont.