It is a pilgrimage destination situated about 32 km from Cracow. The Passion-Marian Sanctuary of St.Bernards convent was put down to World Heritage List UNESCO in 1999, being the only Calvary in the list. The beginnings of the construction of the Calvary date back to the year 1600. Right now the complex consists of basilica and monastery at the top of Żar mountain, 42 chapels and path churches. The monument was built in the architectural style of the late Baroque.