St. Francis of Assisi Church is situated in the very heart of Kraków’s Old Town at 2 Franciszkańska Street just by the famous Pope’s Window. The church, currently Minor Basilica, was consecrated in 1296. It has been enlarged many times. In 1462, 1476, 1655 and 1855 the building burnt. Nowadays, it has a brick construction with a presbytery, transept, aisle and 3 chapels. Tourists usually want to see here stained glass windows made by famous Polish artist Stanisław Wyspiański and very original polychromy of the same author from the end on the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century. 14 stations of the Passion ware painted just before the world war II by another famous artist of the same period Józef Mehoffer. In Blessed Salomea Chapel there are her remnants. In the basilica tourists can also admire many other church works of art. By the church there is also Franciscan monastery. The basilica can be visited either with a guide or audio guides. The church also offers regular masses and services.